Ready to Sing?
Our Arrangement Coordinator, Josh Feintuch, walks you through how to add your voice to our choir.
Here’s What You Need to Know:
You will need two devices (it could be two phones, a phone and a desktop or laptop computer, a tablet, etc.) One of these devices will let you play the song (playback device) so you can sing/play along. The other one will let you record yourself singing/playing (recording device.) You will also need earphones or headphones, which you will connect to the playback device.
2. Rehearsal – pick a part that works for you and practice!
3. Prep for the recording. For Stornelli d’esilio, we are only recording audio (if you send a video, that’s okay, but we will only use the sound). For Beloved Comrade, we are making a video, and we would love to ask you to help set the mood: Wear black, and keep a somber facial expression. If you’re able to dim the lights or use candlelight, that would be great, but it’s most important that we can clearly see your face in the video.
4. Recording – Once you have chosen a part, and you are ready to record yourself, follow these steps:
a) Do a quick test recording – Just record yourself singing loudly for a few seconds. Play it back. Does it sound good or did it get distorted? If the sound is distorted, you might need to stand a bit further back from the camera/microphone.
b) Get your devices ready – Make sure you have your ear/headphones plugged in to your playback device. Play the song on your playback device. Start recording on your recording device (for video recording, make sure to hold it horizontally).
c) Start singing/playing!
d) Record the song – Record the ENTIRE song. Don’t worry about small mistakes!
e) When the song ends, hold still for a second, before stopping the video!
5. Send us your video no later than Sunday, August 23 at 11:59PM!
- Email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure to note which part you sung/played, and which song you are sending (if only sending one)
- Trouble sending? Try using Google Drive or WeTransfer
6. You’re ready! Thank you! We will edit you into our virtual choir.
Questions or Challenges? Whether you need musical help learning your part, or technical help with the recording, just email us at email@example.com